Monday, December 1, 2008

Kids....

Random Thoughts

Every now and then Ron and I laugh at how some kids have random thoughts they share with you regardless of their relevancy. Sometimes Ron will say out of the blue, "My neighbor has a dog named Mud!" and it always makes me laugh because I know exactly what he's talking about. Blake doesn't quite talk clearly enough to have these moments, and Colin hasn't been talking for very long so he hasn't had many either. But TONIGHT was his night!

I was putting the boys to bed (Blake for the second time) in their bunk beds, and Colin was quietly snuggling with his bears. Blake was not-so-quietly complaining about bed time. After I sternly told him to stay in bed I walked away to close the door when I heard Colin say, "Mom....". I reopened the door and replied, "Yes, Colin?" He paused for a long while and then said, "Elephants love peanuts." I couldn't help but laugh. He's made it to that stage in his life and I (we) SO appreciate it.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I'm dying! That is hilarious!!! I can't wait for that stage!

monika said...

Hey Kreesty! Glad to see you're back at the bloggin! I'll just comment cause I'm too tired to call today...I loved Colin's statement! Jack does those sometimes too and it cracks us up. We had so much fun at Disneyland! Thank you so much for all you did for us! (I'm going to attempt a blog post today if I can get to it.) I wish we would have had more time to visit! We love and miss you already. Thanks for the cute note on our car too...it made me smile! I'm working over the next week and a half, but I will call you when things settle down to catch up on the latest. We are hoping you'll come visit us soon! Love, Mon