Saturday, August 16, 2008

Birthday!

BIRTHDAY PARTY!

Blake turned two this week, so we had a low-key family party on his big day (the 12th), and then we had the big party today. We had Blake's friends party with us at Build-A-Bear in Downtown Disney, and then went to the picnic area just outside the main entrance of Disneyland for cake and ice cream. I must say is was a low-maintenance, low-stress day! We had a great time, and I think the other kids did, too. Blake really enjoyed himself and seemed to understand the concept of birthdays.

I loved seeing what the other little kiddos picked out for their animal, and the names they picked out were fun, too! Colin dressed his bear like an Angel's baseball player and named him "Franco" after a classmate, and Blake had "Beast", a bear that had a Buzz Lightyear outfit. I will admit that I was proud of my cake. I made two cakes separated into four round pans, and then it took me a good three hours (with breaks for eating) to build and decorate it. I felt good when my youngest S.I.L didn't believe that I had made it! Ü

Happy Birthday Blake! Please keep the "Terrible Twos" to a minimum, and we love you!



My Tooth is...is GONE!

Colin has had this dang wiggly tooth for the longest time, and he wouldn't let me get my hands on it! Finally, I was so worried that he would swallow it, I pretended to floss it and pulled it out. He didn't notice until I excitedly showed it to him, then...he freaked out.

We experienced a good twenty minutes of crying. He just didn't understand the concept of losing a tooth and growing a new one. I tried the Tooth Fairy route, and that just scared him. "NO FAIRY! My tooth is gooooone! Oh nooooo!" Eventually he calmed down, looked in the mirror, and said, "THANKS MOM!"

Now the tooth next to it is equally as wiggly, so here we go again!

2 comments:

SmithFamily said...

I can't believe he is already 2! We are so glad that you have a blog so we can stay updated!

SPENCERS said...

I love the loose tooth story.. and I love that Blake does the peace out- I can just picture it! Cute boys!