Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crabs

KIDS SAY THE DARNDEST

Today we went to Jarron Livingston's 3rd birthday party. It was a swimming party, and we had the best time! (The best part...I didn't get burned! Thanks Heath!) At the end of the party, Jarron handed out his party favors that each had a cute little card game like "Old Maid" or "Go Fish!" Colin just happened to get "Go Fish!"

After dinner, Ron and I had decided to try and teach Colin how to play the game. He did pretty well (except for yelling out what card he drew each time). He was already familiar with his sea creatures, so we didn't have to teach him any.

It was Colin's turn to ask me for a card, so he and Ron made a mutual decision of what to ask me for. Then...he said it...."Mom...Do you have the crabs?" Ron and hysterically and immaturely rolled on the floor and laughed. And with delight, I answered, "YES I DO!"



GOLF

We had a coupon for a free bucket of balls at the Claremont Golf Course, so we utilized it and took the boys. Blake, of course, was extremely loud and inappropriate at the course (as any two-year-old would be), and Colin impressed several with his amazing swing despite the too-long golf clubs. We bought him a bucket of 100 balls...he hit them all!

P.S. Blake put the headband on himself. I thought it was very fashion forward.

CA ADVENTURE


I am realizing that Blake is now getting to the age where he is afraid of a lot of things. He used to be so curious, and now he's just scared. I took my guys to CA Adventure on a whim one afternoon, and we had a great time. They have seemed to enjoyed the same rides in the past, but during this visit, Blake held on to me for dear life on pretty much every one. The carousel was no exception. He even hid in the basket of the stroller during the Electric Light Parade!

No comments: