Thursday, January 1, 2009

I Drew A Blank...

Our new Ward here in Chino is really small. Hardly any kids in Primary or Nursery, and lots of retired people. They've all been so great, but our family has strange names, so people seem to be having a hard time remembering them let alone pronouncing them. Colin is now an icky body part (guess I should have spelled it with two L's), and I'm still Carissa or Teresa, and our last name is all kinds of different guesses. Ron and Blake really haven't had a problem...until recently.

The nursery is small so they have a few ladies that rotate out. The first couple of Sundays it was the same two ladies. Then I met another lady after a few weeks who's the Nursery leader. After Primary (I've already been called to be Second Counselor), I went to get Blake and the new lady greeted me saying, "Blank did a great job today!" I thought I probably had just heard her incorrectly, so I ignored it. Then I got his papers that he colored on and they all said, "BLANK". I couldn't stop laughing and I told the Leader, "His name is actually spelled with an E and no N, so it's Blake." She looked confused but said, "Oh-okay."

I'm not a celebrity-I could not name my child a stupid name like Blank!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Hahahaha! I better see you at girls night tonight! Miss you!

Taryn said...

That is really funny!

Amy said...

Okay, my favorite is that she looked confused after you corrected her. You would think she would have realized that that would be a silly name. :-) I love that picture of Ron and Blank too. :-)

teresa p said...

He is so not a "Blank"! You handled that really well. Love the new blog background.

Heather said...

Wow! That is way too funny! I can appreciate that with the names I've picked for my boys, but I always thought it a bit odd that my daughter was the one who had issues with her name in Nursery. The Nursery Leader insisted that her name was not Emma, but Emily. Technically that is her middle name, but there was another Emily in the class and it caused all kinds of confusion. When I tried to talk to her about it her poor hearing couldn't seem to make out my voice. Oh well, Emma didn't seem to care.

I love your names and these make for some great stories! :)