Monday, July 20, 2009

A Night at the Pacific Symphony

Right now I am taking an online class from Citrus so I can transfer to finish my Ph.D. Okay...maybe not. But seriously folks, I've been in school LONG enough to get my Ph.D, so I feel I should automatically get one.
Anyhoo-I'm taking Music Appreciation. If you know nothing about music, don't take it. You'll be SO lost. Luckily, I know SOMETHING about music.
One of my assignments is to attend a performance by an orchestra and then write this whole essay on it. I talked Ron into going with me, and we actually really enjoyed ourselves. It was the Pacific Symphony Orchestra and they played at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre in Irvine. The weather was beautiful, and we were allowed to bring a picnic-which we did. The theme was Rodgers and Hammerstein, so they played music from their original scores and played the movie scenes above-pretty cool, right?
During intermission, we entertained ourselves by taking pictures. Of ourselves. We don't have many of just the two of us, so we took some.

Us
Ron really enjoyed the show
He always makes me laughApparently it was boys who like boys night, and they were all drinking wine and eating caviar. I thought our drinks made a perfect couple. Ron thought I was dumb for taking a picture of them. I think they look photogenic.
So that was our night. Music, making fun of the lady that kept trying to start a fire on the grass (don't ask...I really don't know), pictures, and wine-os. Good times. I'm going to go see the same symphony at the OC Fair play all DISNEY music! YES! You know you wanna go!
A Whole Neeeew Wooooorld

3 comments:

Grace said...

yall are so fun! This post had me smiling and laughing...btw its been too long, we need to get together!

Val and Debby said...

tell Ron I like the pic of the soda's... it looks like a cute commerical for either drink.. thanks for checking in with me and my sick tooth.. I am still in pain and very tired of it ! I am trying to think "happy thoughts" but it's just not working... : (

Karley said...

dates are great. especially if you killed two birds with one stone. you look real pretty (i love the first pic of you two).