Thursday, July 2, 2009

Change is good?

We've been dying to buy a house, and just when we felt we were ready, I stopped working. One income for us=no loan. :( I was told I have to go back to work if I want a house. Harsh reality.

The following week, two of Ron's fellow "cast members" ended up getting fired from their jobs as Front Desk Managers at the Disneyland Hotel. We were crossing our fingers that it would mean a promotion and transfer for Ron. On Tuesday, Ron gets an appointment request from the Hotel Manager for a meeting with her. He goes in and gets told he's being transfered to the now open Front Desk position. Woo hoo!

Next he's told that it's not a promotion but a lateral move. This also means no raise in salary. Then he's told that they won't have his replacement until August, so he'll be working his normal job while training for his new job.

Earlier this year it was demanded of him to take MOST of his 10 weeks worth of vacation time THIS year. I know...."OK!" We had a vacation planned in April that almost got taken away because of work conflicts. Now we are planning a long road trip to my home town in Washington State for the first two weeks in August. (I haven't been home in over SIX YEARS!)

Today he was told that his August vacation is now a no-go because he'll be training (I'm not driving by myself and flying isn't cheap!). He's also not allowed to take vacation time in June or July, November or December because it's so busy. I know the experience is great for Ron, but I can't help but feel sorry for us/myself. No house, no vacation, no pay raise, and possibly going back to work. Ron is definitely being a trooper and finding the positive in all of this.

I love that guy.

4 comments:

Grace said...

You poor thing! Something big must be coming soon too balance all of this out! I just know it! Yall deserve the best!

Taryn said...

Don't worry Karissa, you guys will catch a break and it will all be worth it. Not to be preachy but just keep paying your tithes and offerings and things will come your way.

monika said...

Oh Kreesty! I love ya. God works in mysterious ways...and knows the desires of your heart. Hopefully it will all come to pass soon. Congrats on the new job, Ron!

Jenn said...

How hard that must be. I know that you will be blessed just wait. I know that it will just turn around and when it does it will be quick. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.