Saturday, July 19, 2008

Long Week

Happy Anniversaries!

Over this last week, Ron and I celebrated our third year as husband and wife! Yay! Of course I have to mention that it has been three wonderful years. I couldn't ask to be married to a better guy. I was surprised with roses, and I made breakfast in bed. Then we enjoyed a BBQ with visiting family, came home, and enjoyed a quiet movie night with Dr. Pepper and Tin Roof Sunday ice cream. Now that's what I call the perfect night!

Ron's parents are also celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary, so Ron's sisters (and the two of us) threw them a party. We put a lot of work into it and it turned out really nice.


Ron's oldest sister, Rian, came to visit from Oregon with her two daughters, boyfriend, and his three sons. I must say they were the best behaved boys I have ever met! Very helpful and so cute! Colin quickly turned into best friends with the youngest, Dakota (4). It was great to see my nieces, Jade and Alyssa, too! Jade made me realize that three-year-olds don't necessarily act three. ("It would be great if you could get me that banana." "I'll be your best friend if you play basketball with me!")

Jade-the cutest busy body! Colin and Dakota all partied out

As a nice end, the six of us girls (Ron's mom, four sisters and I) ate at the Melting Pot. It was so fun, and the look on the waiter's face when we said we were all sisters was priceless! Thanks Tammy! I had a great time!

Ron's Twin

We cleaned Ron's parents garage a week ago in order to get ready for the party. As usual, going through old items takes people on a trip down memory lane. We found a lot of older pictures of Ron and his four sisters. Then...came the picture of all pictures....Ron's twin! Ron apparently has a twin, and his name is Blake!!! I still can't get over how much this picture looks just like our little guy now.

Ron circa 1981 or Blake circa now?

Tattoos


Last Sunday, it was nearing bed time, and Colin and Blake were quietly coloring. They were being so good I almost felt bad putting them to bed. I decided to join-in on the coloring, but I wanting to make it more exciting, so Colin got tattooed with my wonderful Kinder-art style! We had a great time, but I soon learned the tats didn't come off too easily. I'm sure his teacher loved to see Colin tatted up!

Just a couple of Colin's eight tats

It was a great week, a long week, a tiring week, but a memorable one!

No comments: