Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dance!

The Dance Festival

Yup...I went. A two hour show of a lot of mainly white Mormon kids that looked really lost and couldn't dance. Was it a good show...sure. Was it super entertaining to make fun of them...YES! And why shoes kept falling off of people's feet I will never understand. But I did like the girl that got trampled when she was running out with the other 2,999 kids! The dedication to Pres. Hinckley was really nice. I liked that part. The patriotic part was cool with the fireworks.

A. Ri and I went to Chili's after, and we ate. I didn't eat much, but I broke one of my rules. I drank a Dr. Pepper at 11 PM!!! Now...I'm still awake. I didn't eat dessert there, mainly because I've gained 30 lbs. I've noticed the fatter I get, the more I love junk food!! Why have dinner when you can just have a big bowl of ice cream? Food doesn't even sound good anymore...just chocolate, or candy, or cupcakes. Guess I should do something about this...I'll start tomorrow...or the next day. Maybe.

BUT...I have a patient who's the creator of a new ice cream! It's gluten free, is sugar free, and is only 126 calories for the ENTIRE PINT!!! I swear the guy is a member, so I started throwing out words like "nursery" or "primary" and he didn't take the bait! Dang it! Anyway, the ice cream is called "Arctic Zero" I believe, and I have yet to find it. He told me it's in stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts, and Henry's. Apparently none of them are near us. If you see some...let me know. He's supposedly going to put in a request to get some in stores in this area.

BUGS


So we get a lot of beetles outside of our place in the summer. Some of these "beetles" might even be cockroaches, but I would loose my sanity if I knew they really WERE cockroaches, so I call them beetles. I got home tonight, and there was a beetle in between my screen and my door. He was just waiting to be let in. So I threw a stick at him. He barely moved. I thew another one..same result. So I threw another one. Still nothing. It was only about midnight, so I called Ron. He's my husband, and he HAS to save me, right?

Apparently this was annoying for whatever reason, and instead of saving me...he let it in the house and told me I was seeing things. Then proceeded to tell me it was "just a fuzz ball". Then it moved. I love my husband, and he's very accurate at throwing a ball, but for some reason, nearly every time he goes to kill a bug, he misses. This only makes the situation worse for me. You'd think after five years of killing bugs for me, he'd have plenty of practice. But he doesn't.

I guess my point is that I'm sad he gets irritated when I freak out over bugs. It is a legitimate fear for me. I know they can't ALL hurt me (although I think that's a myth), but I don't want them in my house or crawling in my mouth when I sleep. So husband...deal with my fear and protect me without making fun of me or degrading my fear! I NEVER degrade your fear of...of...what are you afraid of? Nothing probably. If you were afraid of saliva, and I wasn't, I would be understanding of it and protect you from spit. (I really do have a friend that is freaked out by saliva!)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love my new nickname. Now I just need to think one up for you...besides Krees. :-) Something new and original. I couldn't fall asleep last night because I kept thinking about all of our ideas for the Mormon Nightclub we're going to open up.

whitneyingram said...

My SIL felt the same way about the dance fest. Lame-o. I am kind of glad the Rancho stake didn't participate. Lots of practices I would have hated going to.

BTW, I like your blog.

RON BLOG said...

I am afraid of a lot of things. Paula Shore movies, being attacked by flying horses and guys that stare at my butt.