Monday, February 23, 2009

Sympathy anyone?

I haven't been sleeping so well lately. I blame the mattress. Most of my growing up years I had a water bed, and I think that spoiled me. I just really enjoy a nice, soft bed. Finally, today I decided to splurge and buy a memory foam mattress pad. I did my research, read reviews, and price checked.

As I was getting ready to leave, Blake walked out dressed like this:

It was adorable! He had on Colin's cleats and hat for t-ball, and dad's jacket. He had done it all himself as well.

I redressed him and we were off. I found the mattress pad for $70 at Target. Not TOO bad of a splurge, and worth the rest I was hoping to get. We get home and I open the package to let the memory foam expand for a few hours on top of my bed.

The boys had been fighting all evening, but they were finally getting along and quietly watching a movie in our room. I had decided to clean up the bathroom and reorganize the drawers, etc. Not too long into organizing, Blake walks by with a screw driver. My MIL sees him and follows him to our room. Next I hear, "Karissa! Oh my gosh! Don't come in here! OH MY GOSH!"

I run in to see this:



My new purchase had been cut into A LOT of little pieces. I couldn't speak. Colin played the blame game, but I knew he had done it. He loves a good pair of scissors. He even tried blaming the dog once blaming Blake didn't work. I have never had him lie to my face-but tonight he did. He finally fessed up and both went to bed knowing Mom was pretty angry. Colin got pretty upset when I told him I was going to go cut his favorite blanket into pieces!

After assessing the damage and realizing there was NO way I was going to be able to piece this thing back together, I've found some light at the end of this tunnel. I've always wanted one of those REALLY expensive Love Saks. Now I can make one! I'll just cut up the rest of this thing and use it to stuff my new chair. It might be smaller than I'd like, but I just need something to put this thing to use.

My only problem-how do I make one?! If anyone is willing to make one for me, or work with me to show me how, I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm not even sure which fabric would be best. I'll buy everything and get an evening or morning away from the family for a private lesson if need be-I just need help in making my lemons into lemonade. Ü

Thanks for lending your shoulders to cry on. ♥

6 comments:

janae said...

Holy cow, what a bummer! But, you are one creative cookie to have thought up the luv sack! Good luck!

Grace said...

What a fun idea! I don't know how to make a love sac but we could figure it out together??? I love projects...even though I fail at most of them. There are tutorials for just about anything online. You could come over with or without the boys...I think Clint is going surfing this Sat. You could help me make the time go by while he's gone...anyway if you get a better offer I understand completely....but we could still hang out sometime, right?

Amy said...

You have my complete sympathy Krees. I would have been devastated and furious and probably would have cried. I hope you are coming over for lunch today. I Miss ya!

Heath'e' said...

are you kidding me! That stinks BIG time!! I'm sooooo sorry!! I would so be crying, yelling,crying! SAD! Hopefully your lemons make some good lemon aid. At least your thinking positive!

teresa p said...

Wow, you've had a rough month. I'm hoping you've gotten a break. Here's a make your own love sac link:
http://stockpilesrus.servertalk.in/stockpilesrus-post-117.html
This one might be useful as well. I think you could modify it or it might have some good ideas:
http://www.instructables.com/id/bean-bag-sofa--bed/
Let me know if you need any help/advice. I've never done anything like this before but am always up for a challenge.

monika said...

Oh Kreesty! I would die. I think I would just cry, and then get mad. By the way, we have been sleeping horribly the past year or so as well since we got a clearance king size mattress set at RCs. I think we're nearly ready to splurge for something better. Let me know if you find a good one!