Monday, June 29, 2009

Some advice...

One evening I was sitting on a bench in CA Adventure holding a spot for my family to watch the Electric Light Parade. Next to me was a man from Philly that LOVED to talk. I inquired about his occupation. He said he had been an appliance repairman for 30 years. Since we've been looking into buying a home, I figured he would be a good person to ask about a good brand of appliances to purchase. So I did.

His face lit up and you could tell this man loved his job. I figured since most of our friends are buying homes, this would be good advice to pass along. Here's what he said:

Whirlpool is the best. Next is GE. You're wasting your money on Maytag, LG, Fridgidair, or Electrolux (a fancy Fridgidair). He didn't mention Kenmore, but that's probably because it's not on the top of his list. Basically all he kept saying was, "Whirlpool or GE. Hands down."

So there you have it. Some sound advice from someone who knows what they are talking about and wasn't making commission off of it. Ü

P.S. Is it weird to anyone else that quite a few famous people died so close together? Michael J., Farrah, Ed McMahon (whom never delivered my giant check, by the way), and Billy Mays. Whew! Slow your roll people!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Good thing we bought whirlpool washer and dryer! I'll behonest I'm the most sad about Billy Mays...that guy could sell me anything.

Get this...there is a guy in our ward that works for LAPD and we we're talking about MJ and other celebrity stuff....and he told us that he stopped Jack Black from jumping off a balcony....crazy.(btw this was before he made Nacho Libre....thank goodness they saved him!....love that movie.)

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site... I see that you also love Disney... me too...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!

monika said...

Thanks, Krees! Whirlpool or GE it is....when the time comes. Are you and Ron ready to jump on this buyers market yet? The 8000 tax credit may jump to 15000 next year. It was just introduced into congress this month. Woot!