Saturday, May 16, 2009

GRIPE

Here's a riddle:

What is black and white and red all over?

My car registration.

The black and white is the paper I opened telling me the amount is WELL over what I paid last year, and the red is my face because I was so angry!

I was pretty sure the whole idea was that as your car gets older, you pay less for your registration. I guess I was wrong. Now that I'm close to being jobless, money is a big concern. I just don't get how the economy is being helped by charging us MORE for silly things when we have LESS. I do, but I don't.

Lemme put it this way: 2005 Honda Pilot registration=OVER $300 for registration. YIKES. Glad I don't drive one of those "luxury" vehicles.

Did you know? In Washington state your car registration is a flat $30 no matter what year, make, or model your car is? My CA registration is ten years worth of WA registrations.

2 comments:

Grace said...

i heard that they were DOUBLING that amount for car registration...but now its a reality?! That is soooo frustrating! I mean REALLY!

Grace said...

i meant "the" amount