Monday, May 18, 2009

Lots of fun!

Last week was my 26th birthday and it was Mother's Day. I must say, Ron was amazing and made each day special. For Mother's Day I woke up to a delicious Toblerone chocolate bar next to me along with a flowers, candy, and cards from the boys. He had also picked out and ironed the boys' clothing for church (he had to work), and the boys were even good for me during church! Once he was home, I didn't have to lift a finger. I even took a nap. The perfect day! Colin had a Mother's Day Tea at school. I wore a hat he had made, enjoyed all sorts of gifts from him, and got to listen to a few songs by his class. I loved it!
As you can see, my kid is almost freakishly tall compred to his classmates.

For my birthday I woke up next to a hoodie I had been wanting. I had to work, but work bought me a dozen roses and an ice cream cake. Then Ron took me to lunch at the Olive Garden and I got my second gift-ballroom dancing lessons with him! How fun is that?! I also got the Gilmore Girls 7th season on DVD. YES! Work let me leave a couple of hours early, and then I had a Primary meeting so the Primary Presidency took me out to dinner as well.

The boys and I went to Disneyland on Monday. Then my in-laws took Ron and I to the Angel's game against Boston on Tuesday, and then I was given a membership to D23 (a Disney fan club type thing) for the year, and my MIL is taking me to the HUGE Disney convention in September. Whew! A great week!

This weekend we went to The Aquarium of the Pacific with some friends. We really had a great time and walked around outside after we were finished.

This poor Spider Crab was missing a couple of legs and had a broken one. He must be a war vet.
The Nemo and Dory tank. The kids' favorite.
Colin and Cody high-fiving the scuba diver.

My amazingly strong husband.

4 comments:

teresa p said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad it was so wonderful (even if you did have to work). Miss you!

Grace said...

Can I have your life?

Jenn said...

What a wonderful birthday. I'm a wee bit jealous. NO a lot jealous. I hope to see ya soon.

monika said...

Way to go, Ron! Glad you had such a great Mother's Day and Bday! Sorry I missed it again! I've been bad at keeping up on bdays. Love ya and hope you had a great one!