Saturday, May 9, 2009

Minnie's Moonlit Madness!

I forgot that I had an exciting story to post as well!

Every year Disney does a fun fundraiser with it's "cast members". You gather a team of four people (one has to be an employee), go to the park after it's closed just for this event, answer 50 trivia questions, and then to a scavenger hunt throughout the park with ten questions while tied together through your belt loops. Last year Ron and I were on a team with Kyle Hartman and Amy Riley. We had chosen to do 5 hard clues and 5 easy. We BARELY finished. We had felt pretty good that our answers were right. The next day Ron checked our placement. 254 out of 400. Not so good.

This year we couldn't take Amy Riley since the day of the event just happened to be her due date. Taryn graciously took Amy's spot. Our strategy was to try 8 hard clues and 2 easy ones. There's a different theme to the competition each year. Last year didn't seem very focused on the theme, so I didn't bother to study for this year's theme which was "Funkadelic". Unfortunately, EVERY question revolved around the 1970's, and unfortunately, that was before I was born. I'm not going to lie...I wasn't much help. None of us knew too much about the 70's.

We did well (with the exception of me being stupid and wearing flip flops-I learned my lesson after my 12 flat tires from Taryn and Ron Ü). We finished 30 minutes early but it once again felt like we were correct on all of our answers.

While at work the following day, I called Ron. He suddenly said, "54". Then he clairfied that we placed 54th out of 400 teams! Even then we were only 300 points behind the first place team. GREAT JOB TEAM! Next year is our year...I just know it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just to clarify for you, you chose 8 easy clues and 2 hard ones, right? And I know you guys missed me this year...but knowing Taryn, I'm sure she rocked it!