Monday, June 1, 2009

Donuts

Colin tends to hear words differently from time to time. For example, olives are all-lips.

Blake makes up his own words that associate with something else. For example, "Charlie" is chocolate milk. He confuses the edible part with the person in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Here's a moment where confusion caused chaos.

Blake often times just wants "Charlie" as an appetizer, and then will decide what he wants to eat. The other night I was explaining that I wanted him to go and get something to eat with me first. He wasn't interested, so Colin tried helping out.

"Blake! Do you want hot dogs or donuts? We get chicken and french fries there!"

It took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. Then I realized that "donuts" was "McDonalds". Of course now Blake is crying for actual donuts for dinner. I told Colin, "....it's McDONALDS, Buddy." A few seconds goes by....

Colin says, "Oh. Okay.......Blake! Do you want McDONUTS?"

Thanks for the help, Colin. I know your intentions were good.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for the laugh. I you make me want to write the funny things the kids do too. Hey I need to get your pump back to you. Are you going to be in the area soon?

janae said...

I love that, "confusion turns to chaos". So true! I wish I could eat donuts for dinner!

marie said...

oh my word!! i feel like such a dork, but i just discovered your blog!!! dearest girl, your little boys are adorable! i'm glad i found you also because i want to send you a wedding announcement, so email me your address so i can get you one! love ya!
marie.munson@yahoo.com